Welcome to the 3rd IPLeiria International Health Congress!
The 3rd IPLeiria International Health Congress is organized by the Health Research Unit (UIS) of the IPLeiria School of Health Sciences and will take place in Leiria, Portugal from May 6 to 7, 2016.
The program of the 3rd IPLeiria International Health Congress will be devoted to the main theme of “Health, demographic changes & well-being” and will include plenary sessions, original short communications, along with round tables composed by invited speakers of recognized merit.
This meeting aims to act as a forum for scientific discussion of actual and emergent themes and will benefit from the participation of health professionals from several clinical areas.
The scientific program of the 3rd IPLeiria International Health Congress aims to:
- Promote scientific discussion regarding the new paradigms associated with demographic movements and their relationship to the health and well-being of the populations.
- Promote the gathering of health professionals towards the build-up of new synergies, partnerships and cooperation concerning Health Care Research, Development & Technology;
- Stimulate national and international scientific communication.
Topics & Sub-topics
The program of the meeting will be subordinated to the three main subjects of:
- Health education & training
- Intervention in health
- Health management and policy
further divided in the following sub-topics of:
- Accessibility to health care
- Complementary medicines
- Cyberspace and virtual reality in health
- Determinants of the demand for health services
- Education and training of health professionals
- Effectiveness of health intervention programs
- Ethnicity and migration of populations
- Friendly/healthy Cities
- Health in & out: taking care within diversity
- Health instruments and indicators
- Sustainable integrated user-centered care
- The health safety culture
- Therapeutic education/health literacy
Abstracts published in BMC Health Services Research
Proceedings of the 3rd IPLeiria’s International Health Congress
Journal: BMC Health Services Research
Number: 16, Volume: Supplement 3
Pubmed ID: PMID:27409075
tracked by Thomson Reuters (ISI), Impact factor 1.71.
The official languages of the conference are English (ENG) and Portuguese (PT).